Learn about the weight loss supplement called Triphala
Triphala is a weight loss supplement that is derived from a classic Ayurvedic powder preparation. This powder contains three equal parts of the fruits Amalaki, Bhibitaki and Haritaki. The word triphala literally translated means three fruits. The herbs Amalaki, Bhibitaki and Haritaki each have individual properties that contribute to the powder’s effects on the body when ingested.
Triphala has many uses, ranging from laxative to anti-inflammatory. Taking it regularly as a dietary supplement will not only help you to lose weight but bring you better health as well due to its other amazing qualities. To fully understand the various effects of Triphala, following is a list of its ten best benefits:
- It has antioxidant properties, so it prevents the formation of free radicals in the body. As an antioxidant, triphala helps prevent the early signs of aging, often in the form of wrinkles and the graying of hair.
- It enhances reproductive health in both males and females. Additionally, it regulates menstrual cycles in females.
- It aids in peristalsis. This is the normal wavelike movement in the intestinal tract which helps food travel during the digestive process. By aiding the passage of food along the intestines, it helps to improve the whole process of digestion.
- It stimulates liver function by helping in the secretion of bile juices, which are required in the metabolism of fat. This means that the function of the liver is optimized and that fatty acids are metabolized properly.
- It reduces the formation of arterial blockages or plaques. This results in reduced risks of cardiovascular problems in the future.
- It maintains cholesterol levels within proper levels, thereby further decreasing the likelihood of fatal heart conditions occurring in the future. It limits the formation of low density lipoprotein (LDL), which spells good news for cardiovascular health.
- It is an anti-inflammatory agent, and it suppresses infections by enhancing the body's immunity. It promotes antibody production, which provides the body with the necessary defenses against foreign bodies and microbes.
- It helps to maintain the proper secretions of the endocrine system. This leads to homeostasis in the body and the proper functioning of physiological processes in the body.
- It remedies many eye problems like conjunctivitis, cataracts, and glaucoma. In addition, it improves eyesight and strengthens ocular muscles.
- Lastly, it has laxative properties, which promotes bowel movement and emptying. It also cleanses the body of harmful toxins and facilitates the expulsion of such toxins from the body.
Triphala is a powdered mixture of three fruits that each has their own very useful properties that can be used in the promotion of health and good well-being. The combination of all these makes an extremely useful dietary supplement that addresses multiple health concerns all at once. Perhaps the greatest benefit to be derived from taking triphala as a weight loss supplement is that you get all these extra benefits from one supplement, and staying healthy is made much more convenient.