Weight loss supplements are many and varied in the market. They come in different preparations and promise different benefits, but naturally, what they all have in common is that they cause weight loss in one way or another. One such supplement, dubbed by some as the Holy Grail of Weight Loss, is Garcinia Cambogia. Clinical studies have shown Garcinia Cambogia extract to be effective in reducing body fat. This product comes from the extract of the Garcinia Cambogia fruit, which is grown in Southeast Asia. This fruit has the ingredient hydroxycitric acid, which is said to be responsible for its weight loss-causing properties.
So what can consumers expect from weight loss supplements that contain the Garcinia Cambogia extract? Here are a number of the product’s benefits:
It burns fat.
The product blocks the enzyme responsible for the conversion of excess carbohydrate into fat. Without this enzyme, the extra carbohydrates are burnt off and no longer turn into fat. Thus, fat deposits are lessened, leading to a decrease in weight.
It suppresses appetite.
Appetite is regulated by the neurotransmitter serotonin. Garcinia Cambogia increases serotonin levels in the brain, and this causes the body to become more sensitive to satiety. Once you’re satisfied, you’ll no longer want to eat more. This prevents the consumption of excess calories.
It enhances mood.
Serotonin also affects mood, and because there is an increase in this neurotransmitter, the bonus effect is a feeling of overall improvement in mood. Often, there is a need to consume comfort food when one is feeling down, but this can be avoided with Garcinia Cambogia, as it increases serotonin levels and makes you feel happier.
Tips on Buying — What Else to Expect
A few important reminders to keep in mind when purchasing the product:
- Check the amount of the active compound in the product. The hydroxycitric acid content should be at least 50%. Anything less than 50% hydroxycitric acid won’t produce any weight loss benefits.
- Make sure that the product was manufactured in the United States and that the facility it was made in was approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This is to ensure your safety. If it wasn’t made in the US, or if the FDA didn’t approve the facility it was made in, the product may not be of quality, and could even be potentially dangerous to ingest.
- The serving size should be from 1000 - 1500 mg, according to research studies. Following this dosage is important because it is the exact dosage that produced the best results during the clinical trials.
- The supplement should be taken with potassium and calcium, as these help with the absorption of the active ingredient.
- The product should not contain any fillers or artificial ingredients.
- Do not use this supplement if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Knowing what to expect when you’re buying a product is essential to make sure that you get what you pay for. If you know exactly what benefits to expect, you are making an informed decision when making a purchase. You should know all the relevant information about a drug you’re taking not only to protect yourself from harm but also to get your money’s worth.